|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2013 05:57 PM EDT||
First bullet under Government header of release dated October 24, 2013, should read: A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose (sted A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose, Systems Engineer, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)).
The corrected release reads:
WSO2 ANNOUNCES LIVE STREAM OF WSO2CON 2013 US CONFERENCE SESSIONS
WSO2 will offer streaming video of sessions on enabling the connected business through API management, cloud, SOA and mobile technology best practices
WSO2 today announced that the WSO2Con 2013 US conference sessions on October 30-31, 2013 will be available as live streaming video at http://us13.wso2con.com/livestream. Keynote speakers, enterprise customers, third-party solution providers, and WSO2 technical experts will present case studies and discuss best practices for enabling the connected business.
WSO2’s fourth user conference will be held at the Mission Bay Conference Center at UCSF in San Francisco, CA. In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con 2013 US also will feature pre-conference tutorials on October 29, 2013. To learn more about the conference, visit http://us13.wso2con.com.
Speakers Examine How to Enable the Connected Business
Together, the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source are enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. WSO2Con 2013 US is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected enterprise.
Speakers at WSO2Con 2013 US will share their vision of the connected business along with case studies, concepts and technologies for translating this vision into real-world deployments. Collectively, they will explore developments in API management, cloud computing, mobile and open source—along with IT strategies and best practices in service-oriented architecture (SOA), data and analytics, integration, security and governance.
A list of featured speakers and topics follows. To view the full agenda and abstracts, visit http://us13.wso2con.com/agenda.
- Keynote: WSO2 Vision for a Connected Business, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, Founder, Chairman and CEO, WSO2
- Keynote: Connected Business – Making it Happen, Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Keynote: Cutting-edge IT at Boeing: Transforming Commercial Aviation Using WSO2, Jim Crabbe, Senior Product Manager, Boeing
- Keynote: Developing Enterprise Apps in the Cloud, Tyler Jewell, CEO & Founder, Codenvy
- Keynote: Building an Enterprise PaaS Framework Using Open Source Components, Prakash Iyer, Vice President, Software Architecture and Strategy, Trimble
- West Connect Powered by WSO2, Pranav Patel, Vice President, Systems Development, West Interactive
- Apache Stratos on OpenStack, Frank Rego, Business Development Manager, SUSE, and Chris Haddad, Vice President of Technology Evangelism, WSO2
- Re-design Enterprise IT with WSO2 App Factory and WSO2 Cloud, Chris Haddad, Vice President of Technology Evangelism, WSO2
- Rapidly Building Complex Applications with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- The Integration Game Changer: WSO2 Integration Cloud, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Deploying and Extending Apache Stratos (Incubating) an Open PaaS, Lakmal Warusawithana, Software Architect, WSO2
- Keynote: APIs Driving the StubHub Business, Sastry Malladi, Chief Architect, StubHub
- Keynote: Creating the API-centric Enterprise, John Mathon, Vice President of Product Marketing, WSO2
- Powering an Enterprise with Messaging and APIs, Alex Brown, Group Lead, Barclaycard US
- Thinking of You. Customizing the Store of the WSO2 API Manager for the Non-Programmer, Eduardo Basterrechea, CEO, Molino de Ideas SA
- Advanced API Management Tactics, Isabelle Mauny, Director of Product Management, WSO2
- APIs Everywhere: Turning All Services into Managed APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Senior Software Architect, WSO2
- Keynote: Facing Born Mobile Generation Challenges in the Enterprise, Harsha Purasinghe, CEO and Founder, WSO2Mobile
- Using Jaggery in Telecom Web and Mobile Applications, Cesar William Alvarenga, Front End Engineer, Algar Telecom
- One Blueprint and a Multitude of Applications – How WSO2 Middleware Powers Deutsche Telecoms Connected Car Platform Architecture, Thomas Wieger, Solutions Architect, T-Systems International GmbH
- Delivering Big IT Transformation Using Open Source, Neeraj Satija, Software Development Manager, Two Degrees Mobile Limited
- Achieving Safe BYOD and Productive Apps with WSO2 Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management, Sinnathamby Shanmugaraiah, Director of Architecture, WSO2Mobile
- Store and Deliver Data to the Mobile App Edge: WSO2 Storage-as-a-Service and Data-as-a-Service, Anjana Fernando, Technical Lead, WSO2
Open Source and SOA
- Using WSO2 ESB to Integrate Salesforce.com and SAP ERP, Igor Mameshin, Manager, Accenture
- Enterprise Activity Engine Using WSO2 Ecosystem, Rajesh Kaveti, Managing Director, BNY Mellon
- Case Study: Reflections on Enabling Change in Healthcare with SOA, Paul Tjapkes, Web/SOA Architect, Spectrum Health
- Establishing an SOA-Focused Enterprise Architecture, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- View, Act and React: Shaping Business Activity with Analytics, Big Data Queries, and Complex Event Processing, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Why Deploy an Enterprise App Store?, Nuwan Bandara, Technical Lead, WSO2
- The New ESB – RESTy, Connected, Collaborative, and Optimized, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- Using the Carbon Architecture to Build a Fit-for-Purpose Platform, Sameera Jayasoma, Software Architect, WSO2
- Re-thinking Enterprise SOA & IT Governance, Senaka Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Securing the Cloud and Mobile: Pragmatic Enterprise Security Architecture, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security, WSO2
- Identity Management Best Practices with WSO2 Identity Server, Johann Nallathamby, Senior Software Engineer, WSO2
- A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose
- Weapons Free: Open Source Solutions to Programmatic and Operational Challenges Faced by the Defense and Intelligence Communities in the Age of Sequestration, Adam Firestone, Director of Solutions, WSO2 Federal Systems
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,356
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,088
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,805
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,649
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 616
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,732
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,234
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,651
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,348
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,189
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,839
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,705
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,093
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 2,936
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 4,765
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,958
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,725
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 2,983
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 9,085
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,879