|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2013 05:57 PM EDT||
First bullet under Government header of release dated October 24, 2013, should read: A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose (sted A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose, Systems Engineer, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)).
The corrected release reads:
WSO2 ANNOUNCES LIVE STREAM OF WSO2CON 2013 US CONFERENCE SESSIONS
WSO2 will offer streaming video of sessions on enabling the connected business through API management, cloud, SOA and mobile technology best practices
WSO2 today announced that the WSO2Con 2013 US conference sessions on October 30-31, 2013 will be available as live streaming video at http://us13.wso2con.com/livestream. Keynote speakers, enterprise customers, third-party solution providers, and WSO2 technical experts will present case studies and discuss best practices for enabling the connected business.
WSO2’s fourth user conference will be held at the Mission Bay Conference Center at UCSF in San Francisco, CA. In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con 2013 US also will feature pre-conference tutorials on October 29, 2013. To learn more about the conference, visit http://us13.wso2con.com.
Speakers Examine How to Enable the Connected Business
Together, the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source are enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. WSO2Con 2013 US is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected enterprise.
Speakers at WSO2Con 2013 US will share their vision of the connected business along with case studies, concepts and technologies for translating this vision into real-world deployments. Collectively, they will explore developments in API management, cloud computing, mobile and open source—along with IT strategies and best practices in service-oriented architecture (SOA), data and analytics, integration, security and governance.
A list of featured speakers and topics follows. To view the full agenda and abstracts, visit http://us13.wso2con.com/agenda.
- Keynote: WSO2 Vision for a Connected Business, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, Founder, Chairman and CEO, WSO2
- Keynote: Connected Business – Making it Happen, Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Keynote: Cutting-edge IT at Boeing: Transforming Commercial Aviation Using WSO2, Jim Crabbe, Senior Product Manager, Boeing
- Keynote: Developing Enterprise Apps in the Cloud, Tyler Jewell, CEO & Founder, Codenvy
- Keynote: Building an Enterprise PaaS Framework Using Open Source Components, Prakash Iyer, Vice President, Software Architecture and Strategy, Trimble
- West Connect Powered by WSO2, Pranav Patel, Vice President, Systems Development, West Interactive
- Apache Stratos on OpenStack, Frank Rego, Business Development Manager, SUSE, and Chris Haddad, Vice President of Technology Evangelism, WSO2
- Re-design Enterprise IT with WSO2 App Factory and WSO2 Cloud, Chris Haddad, Vice President of Technology Evangelism, WSO2
- Rapidly Building Complex Applications with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- The Integration Game Changer: WSO2 Integration Cloud, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Deploying and Extending Apache Stratos (Incubating) an Open PaaS, Lakmal Warusawithana, Software Architect, WSO2
- Keynote: APIs Driving the StubHub Business, Sastry Malladi, Chief Architect, StubHub
- Keynote: Creating the API-centric Enterprise, John Mathon, Vice President of Product Marketing, WSO2
- Powering an Enterprise with Messaging and APIs, Alex Brown, Group Lead, Barclaycard US
- Thinking of You. Customizing the Store of the WSO2 API Manager for the Non-Programmer, Eduardo Basterrechea, CEO, Molino de Ideas SA
- Advanced API Management Tactics, Isabelle Mauny, Director of Product Management, WSO2
- APIs Everywhere: Turning All Services into Managed APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Senior Software Architect, WSO2
- Keynote: Facing Born Mobile Generation Challenges in the Enterprise, Harsha Purasinghe, CEO and Founder, WSO2Mobile
- Using Jaggery in Telecom Web and Mobile Applications, Cesar William Alvarenga, Front End Engineer, Algar Telecom
- One Blueprint and a Multitude of Applications – How WSO2 Middleware Powers Deutsche Telecoms Connected Car Platform Architecture, Thomas Wieger, Solutions Architect, T-Systems International GmbH
- Delivering Big IT Transformation Using Open Source, Neeraj Satija, Software Development Manager, Two Degrees Mobile Limited
- Achieving Safe BYOD and Productive Apps with WSO2 Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management, Sinnathamby Shanmugaraiah, Director of Architecture, WSO2Mobile
- Store and Deliver Data to the Mobile App Edge: WSO2 Storage-as-a-Service and Data-as-a-Service, Anjana Fernando, Technical Lead, WSO2
Open Source and SOA
- Using WSO2 ESB to Integrate Salesforce.com and SAP ERP, Igor Mameshin, Manager, Accenture
- Enterprise Activity Engine Using WSO2 Ecosystem, Rajesh Kaveti, Managing Director, BNY Mellon
- Case Study: Reflections on Enabling Change in Healthcare with SOA, Paul Tjapkes, Web/SOA Architect, Spectrum Health
- Establishing an SOA-Focused Enterprise Architecture, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- View, Act and React: Shaping Business Activity with Analytics, Big Data Queries, and Complex Event Processing, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Why Deploy an Enterprise App Store?, Nuwan Bandara, Technical Lead, WSO2
- The New ESB – RESTy, Connected, Collaborative, and Optimized, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- Using the Carbon Architecture to Build a Fit-for-Purpose Platform, Sameera Jayasoma, Software Architect, WSO2
- Re-thinking Enterprise SOA & IT Governance, Senaka Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Securing the Cloud and Mobile: Pragmatic Enterprise Security Architecture, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security, WSO2
- Identity Management Best Practices with WSO2 Identity Server, Johann Nallathamby, Senior Software Engineer, WSO2
- A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose
- Weapons Free: Open Source Solutions to Programmatic and Operational Challenges Faced by the Defense and Intelligence Communities in the Age of Sequestration, Adam Firestone, Director of Solutions, WSO2 Federal Systems
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,253
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,227
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 28, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,876
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,381
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,250
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,024
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,723
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 28, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,187
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 8,656
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,423
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,726
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 653
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, will discuss the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They will also review two "free infrastruct...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 351
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,309
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,242
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 957
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 361
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,292
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 382