|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2013 05:57 PM EDT||
First bullet under Government header of release dated October 24, 2013, should read: A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose (sted A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose, Systems Engineer, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)).
The corrected release reads:
WSO2 ANNOUNCES LIVE STREAM OF WSO2CON 2013 US CONFERENCE SESSIONS
WSO2 will offer streaming video of sessions on enabling the connected business through API management, cloud, SOA and mobile technology best practices
WSO2 today announced that the WSO2Con 2013 US conference sessions on October 30-31, 2013 will be available as live streaming video at http://us13.wso2con.com/livestream. Keynote speakers, enterprise customers, third-party solution providers, and WSO2 technical experts will present case studies and discuss best practices for enabling the connected business.
WSO2’s fourth user conference will be held at the Mission Bay Conference Center at UCSF in San Francisco, CA. In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con 2013 US also will feature pre-conference tutorials on October 29, 2013. To learn more about the conference, visit http://us13.wso2con.com.
Speakers Examine How to Enable the Connected Business
Together, the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source are enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. WSO2Con 2013 US is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected enterprise.
Speakers at WSO2Con 2013 US will share their vision of the connected business along with case studies, concepts and technologies for translating this vision into real-world deployments. Collectively, they will explore developments in API management, cloud computing, mobile and open source—along with IT strategies and best practices in service-oriented architecture (SOA), data and analytics, integration, security and governance.
A list of featured speakers and topics follows. To view the full agenda and abstracts, visit http://us13.wso2con.com/agenda.
- Keynote: WSO2 Vision for a Connected Business, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, Founder, Chairman and CEO, WSO2
- Keynote: Connected Business – Making it Happen, Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Keynote: Cutting-edge IT at Boeing: Transforming Commercial Aviation Using WSO2, Jim Crabbe, Senior Product Manager, Boeing
- Keynote: Developing Enterprise Apps in the Cloud, Tyler Jewell, CEO & Founder, Codenvy
- Keynote: Building an Enterprise PaaS Framework Using Open Source Components, Prakash Iyer, Vice President, Software Architecture and Strategy, Trimble
- West Connect Powered by WSO2, Pranav Patel, Vice President, Systems Development, West Interactive
- Apache Stratos on OpenStack, Frank Rego, Business Development Manager, SUSE, and Chris Haddad, Vice President of Technology Evangelism, WSO2
- Re-design Enterprise IT with WSO2 App Factory and WSO2 Cloud, Chris Haddad, Vice President of Technology Evangelism, WSO2
- Rapidly Building Complex Applications with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- The Integration Game Changer: WSO2 Integration Cloud, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Deploying and Extending Apache Stratos (Incubating) an Open PaaS, Lakmal Warusawithana, Software Architect, WSO2
- Keynote: APIs Driving the StubHub Business, Sastry Malladi, Chief Architect, StubHub
- Keynote: Creating the API-centric Enterprise, John Mathon, Vice President of Product Marketing, WSO2
- Powering an Enterprise with Messaging and APIs, Alex Brown, Group Lead, Barclaycard US
- Thinking of You. Customizing the Store of the WSO2 API Manager for the Non-Programmer, Eduardo Basterrechea, CEO, Molino de Ideas SA
- Advanced API Management Tactics, Isabelle Mauny, Director of Product Management, WSO2
- APIs Everywhere: Turning All Services into Managed APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Senior Software Architect, WSO2
- Keynote: Facing Born Mobile Generation Challenges in the Enterprise, Harsha Purasinghe, CEO and Founder, WSO2Mobile
- Using Jaggery in Telecom Web and Mobile Applications, Cesar William Alvarenga, Front End Engineer, Algar Telecom
- One Blueprint and a Multitude of Applications – How WSO2 Middleware Powers Deutsche Telecoms Connected Car Platform Architecture, Thomas Wieger, Solutions Architect, T-Systems International GmbH
- Delivering Big IT Transformation Using Open Source, Neeraj Satija, Software Development Manager, Two Degrees Mobile Limited
- Achieving Safe BYOD and Productive Apps with WSO2 Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management, Sinnathamby Shanmugaraiah, Director of Architecture, WSO2Mobile
- Store and Deliver Data to the Mobile App Edge: WSO2 Storage-as-a-Service and Data-as-a-Service, Anjana Fernando, Technical Lead, WSO2
Open Source and SOA
- Using WSO2 ESB to Integrate Salesforce.com and SAP ERP, Igor Mameshin, Manager, Accenture
- Enterprise Activity Engine Using WSO2 Ecosystem, Rajesh Kaveti, Managing Director, BNY Mellon
- Case Study: Reflections on Enabling Change in Healthcare with SOA, Paul Tjapkes, Web/SOA Architect, Spectrum Health
- Establishing an SOA-Focused Enterprise Architecture, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- View, Act and React: Shaping Business Activity with Analytics, Big Data Queries, and Complex Event Processing, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Why Deploy an Enterprise App Store?, Nuwan Bandara, Technical Lead, WSO2
- The New ESB – RESTy, Connected, Collaborative, and Optimized, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- Using the Carbon Architecture to Build a Fit-for-Purpose Platform, Sameera Jayasoma, Software Architect, WSO2
- Re-thinking Enterprise SOA & IT Governance, Senaka Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Securing the Cloud and Mobile: Pragmatic Enterprise Security Architecture, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security, WSO2
- Identity Management Best Practices with WSO2 Identity Server, Johann Nallathamby, Senior Software Engineer, WSO2
- A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose
- Weapons Free: Open Source Solutions to Programmatic and Operational Challenges Faced by the Defense and Intelligence Communities in the Age of Sequestration, Adam Firestone, Director of Solutions, WSO2 Federal Systems
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, including what it is today, what it might ultimately be, the role of wearable tech, and technology gaps stil...
May. 23, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,356
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
May. 23, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,463
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
May. 23, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,412
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are increasing at an unprecedented rate. The threat landscape of today is drastically different than just a few years ago. Attacks are much more organized and sophisticated. They are harder to detect and even harder to anticipate. In the foreseeable future it's going to get a whole lot harder. Everything you know today will change. Keeping up with this changing landscape is already a daunting task. Your organization needs to use the latest tools, methods and expertise to guard against those threats. But will that be enough? In the foreseeable future attacks w...
May. 23, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,669
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 23, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,406
Cloud is not a commodity. And no matter what you call it, computing doesn’t come out of the sky. It comes from physical hardware inside brick and mortar facilities connected by hundreds of miles of networking cable. And no two clouds are built the same way. SoftLayer gives you the highest performing cloud infrastructure available. One platform that takes data centers around the world that are full of the widest range of cloud computing options, and then integrates and automates everything. Join SoftLayer on June 9 at 16th Cloud Expo to learn about IBM Cloud's SoftLayer platform, explore se...
May. 23, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,094
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
May. 23, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,814
15th Cloud Expo, which took place Nov. 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, expanded the conference content of @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit to include two developer events. IBM held a Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held a Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of Bluemix, its services and functionality and provide short-term introductory projects that developers can complete between sessions.
May. 23, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,231
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo – to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – is now accepting Hackathon proposals. Hackathon sponsorship benefits include general brand exposure and increasing engagement with the developer ecosystem. At Cloud Expo 2014 Silicon Valley, IBM held the Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held the DevOps Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of...
May. 23, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,391
In the consumer IoT, everything is new, and the IT world of bits and bytes holds sway. But industrial and commercial realms encompass operational technology (OT) that has been around for 25 or 50 years. This grittier, pre-IP, more hands-on world has much to gain from Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications and principles. But adding sensors and wireless connectivity won’t work in environments that demand unwavering reliability and performance. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ron Sege, CEO of Echelon, will discuss how as enterprise IT embraces other IoT-related technology trends, enterprises with i...
May. 23, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,274
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps, abiding by privacy concerns and making the concept a reality. These challenges can't be addressed w...
May. 23, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 6,670
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise behind this presentation will provide attendees with a leading edge view of rapidly emerging IoT oppor...
May. 23, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,917
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focused on understanding how industrial data can create intelligence for industrial operations. Imagine ...
May. 23, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,175
SYS-CON Events announced today that Liaison Technologies, a leading provider of data management and integration cloud services and solutions, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Liaison Technologies is a recognized market leader in providing cloud-enabled data integration and data management solutions to break down complex information barriers, enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions, faster.
May. 23, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,306
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 23, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,263
Collecting data in the field and configuring multitudes of unique devices is a time-consuming, labor-intensive process that can stretch IT resources. Horan & Bird [H&B], Australia’s fifth-largest Solar Panel Installer, wanted to automate sensor data collection and monitoring from its solar panels and integrate the data with its business and marketing systems. After data was collected and structured, two major areas needed to be addressed: improving developer workflows and extending access to a business application to multiple users (multi-tenancy). Docker, a container technology, was used to ...
May. 23, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,974
Hadoop as a Service (as offered by handful of niche vendors now) is a cloud computing solution that makes medium and large-scale data processing accessible, easy, fast and inexpensive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Kumar Ramamurthy, Vice President and Chief Technologist, EIM & Big Data, at Virtusa, will discuss how this is achieved by eliminating the operational challenges of running Hadoop, so one can focus on business growth. The fragmented Hadoop distribution world and various PaaS solutions that provide a Hadoop flavor either make choices for customers very flexible in the name of opti...
May. 23, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,755
For years, we’ve relied too heavily on individual network functions or simplistic cloud controllers. However, they are no longer enough for today’s modern cloud data center. Businesses need a comprehensive platform architecture in order to deliver a complete networking suite for IoT environment based on OpenStack. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dhiraj Sehgal from PLUMgrid will discuss what a holistic networking solution should really entail, and how to build a complete platform that is scalable, secure, agile and automated.
May. 23, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,260
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 22, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,965
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 22, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,631