|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2013 05:57 PM EDT||
First bullet under Government header of release dated October 24, 2013, should read: A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose (sted A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose, Systems Engineer, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)).
The corrected release reads:
WSO2 ANNOUNCES LIVE STREAM OF WSO2CON 2013 US CONFERENCE SESSIONS
WSO2 will offer streaming video of sessions on enabling the connected business through API management, cloud, SOA and mobile technology best practices
WSO2 today announced that the WSO2Con 2013 US conference sessions on October 30-31, 2013 will be available as live streaming video at http://us13.wso2con.com/livestream. Keynote speakers, enterprise customers, third-party solution providers, and WSO2 technical experts will present case studies and discuss best practices for enabling the connected business.
WSO2’s fourth user conference will be held at the Mission Bay Conference Center at UCSF in San Francisco, CA. In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con 2013 US also will feature pre-conference tutorials on October 29, 2013. To learn more about the conference, visit http://us13.wso2con.com.
Speakers Examine How to Enable the Connected Business
Together, the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source are enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. WSO2Con 2013 US is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected enterprise.
Speakers at WSO2Con 2013 US will share their vision of the connected business along with case studies, concepts and technologies for translating this vision into real-world deployments. Collectively, they will explore developments in API management, cloud computing, mobile and open source—along with IT strategies and best practices in service-oriented architecture (SOA), data and analytics, integration, security and governance.
A list of featured speakers and topics follows. To view the full agenda and abstracts, visit http://us13.wso2con.com/agenda.
- Keynote: WSO2 Vision for a Connected Business, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, Founder, Chairman and CEO, WSO2
- Keynote: Connected Business – Making it Happen, Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Keynote: Cutting-edge IT at Boeing: Transforming Commercial Aviation Using WSO2, Jim Crabbe, Senior Product Manager, Boeing
- Keynote: Developing Enterprise Apps in the Cloud, Tyler Jewell, CEO & Founder, Codenvy
- Keynote: Building an Enterprise PaaS Framework Using Open Source Components, Prakash Iyer, Vice President, Software Architecture and Strategy, Trimble
- West Connect Powered by WSO2, Pranav Patel, Vice President, Systems Development, West Interactive
- Apache Stratos on OpenStack, Frank Rego, Business Development Manager, SUSE, and Chris Haddad, Vice President of Technology Evangelism, WSO2
- Re-design Enterprise IT with WSO2 App Factory and WSO2 Cloud, Chris Haddad, Vice President of Technology Evangelism, WSO2
- Rapidly Building Complex Applications with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- The Integration Game Changer: WSO2 Integration Cloud, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Deploying and Extending Apache Stratos (Incubating) an Open PaaS, Lakmal Warusawithana, Software Architect, WSO2
- Keynote: APIs Driving the StubHub Business, Sastry Malladi, Chief Architect, StubHub
- Keynote: Creating the API-centric Enterprise, John Mathon, Vice President of Product Marketing, WSO2
- Powering an Enterprise with Messaging and APIs, Alex Brown, Group Lead, Barclaycard US
- Thinking of You. Customizing the Store of the WSO2 API Manager for the Non-Programmer, Eduardo Basterrechea, CEO, Molino de Ideas SA
- Advanced API Management Tactics, Isabelle Mauny, Director of Product Management, WSO2
- APIs Everywhere: Turning All Services into Managed APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Senior Software Architect, WSO2
- Keynote: Facing Born Mobile Generation Challenges in the Enterprise, Harsha Purasinghe, CEO and Founder, WSO2Mobile
- Using Jaggery in Telecom Web and Mobile Applications, Cesar William Alvarenga, Front End Engineer, Algar Telecom
- One Blueprint and a Multitude of Applications – How WSO2 Middleware Powers Deutsche Telecoms Connected Car Platform Architecture, Thomas Wieger, Solutions Architect, T-Systems International GmbH
- Delivering Big IT Transformation Using Open Source, Neeraj Satija, Software Development Manager, Two Degrees Mobile Limited
- Achieving Safe BYOD and Productive Apps with WSO2 Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management, Sinnathamby Shanmugaraiah, Director of Architecture, WSO2Mobile
- Store and Deliver Data to the Mobile App Edge: WSO2 Storage-as-a-Service and Data-as-a-Service, Anjana Fernando, Technical Lead, WSO2
Open Source and SOA
- Using WSO2 ESB to Integrate Salesforce.com and SAP ERP, Igor Mameshin, Manager, Accenture
- Enterprise Activity Engine Using WSO2 Ecosystem, Rajesh Kaveti, Managing Director, BNY Mellon
- Case Study: Reflections on Enabling Change in Healthcare with SOA, Paul Tjapkes, Web/SOA Architect, Spectrum Health
- Establishing an SOA-Focused Enterprise Architecture, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- View, Act and React: Shaping Business Activity with Analytics, Big Data Queries, and Complex Event Processing, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Why Deploy an Enterprise App Store?, Nuwan Bandara, Technical Lead, WSO2
- The New ESB – RESTy, Connected, Collaborative, and Optimized, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- Using the Carbon Architecture to Build a Fit-for-Purpose Platform, Sameera Jayasoma, Software Architect, WSO2
- Re-thinking Enterprise SOA & IT Governance, Senaka Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Securing the Cloud and Mobile: Pragmatic Enterprise Security Architecture, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security, WSO2
- Identity Management Best Practices with WSO2 Identity Server, Johann Nallathamby, Senior Software Engineer, WSO2
- A Case Study Using WSO2 Middleware in an Enterprise SOA Infrastructure in Support of a US Military Weapon System, Joellen Rose
- Weapons Free: Open Source Solutions to Programmatic and Operational Challenges Faced by the Defense and Intelligence Communities in the Age of Sequestration, Adam Firestone, Director of Solutions, WSO2 Federal Systems
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 746
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 5, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 690
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 328
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 319
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 515
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EST
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EST
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 302
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 306
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 391
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 821
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 903
The IoT's basic concept of collecting data from as many sources possible to drive better decision making, create process innovation and realize additional revenue has been in use at large enterprises with deep pockets for decades. So what has changed? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Prasanna Sivaramakrishnan, Solutions Architect at Red Hat, discussed the impact commodity hardware, ubiquitous connectivity, and innovations in open source software are having on the connected universe of people, thi...
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 699
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,122
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, showed how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants received the download information, scripts, and complete end-t...
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,181
For manufacturers, the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a jumping-off point for innovation, jobs, and revenue creation. But to adequately seize the opportunity, manufacturers must design devices that are interconnected, can continually sense their environment and process huge amounts of data. As a first step, manufacturers must embrace a new product development ecosystem in order to support these products.
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 775
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, discussed how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the dat...
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 741
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,244