|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2014 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/06/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
The cooperation between Oracle and Pluribus Networks is designed to help create unique customer value by offering customers the ability to use OpenStack plug-ins to manage their cloud environments based on Oracle Solaris and Pluribus Networks' Netvisor. This builds on the newly completed certification of Oracle Solaris 11 on Pluribus Networks' Freedom series Server-Switch platform, which is already allowing customers to take advantage of the unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security advantages of Oracle Solaris in their network infrastructure.
- Oracle has entered into a technology access agreement with Pluribus Networks, a pioneer in open, bare-metal SDN/NFV application infrastructure, enabling Pluribus Networks to conduct development and testing on a number of different software-defined networking (SDN) technologies that will be managed by OpenStack technologies, such as a distributed virtual switch. Pluribus Networks is a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
- Oracle and Pluribus Networks will be collaborating to enable customers to manage Oracle Solaris 11 compute nodes via the OpenStack Nova plug-in, as well as Pluribus Networks switches via the OpenStack Neutron plug-in and Oracle Solaris-based ZS3 Series storage via Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Cinder Driver, taking full advantage of the stability, efficiency, performance, scalability and security of Oracle Solaris.
- Pluribus Networks has recently certified Oracle Solaris 11 on their Freedom series Server-Switch platform running the Netvisor bare-metal network hypervisor hosted on the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system.
- Running Oracle Solaris 11 on Pluribus Networks' switches means that virtual networking services can be dynamically re-provisioned from compute nodes to networking to help maximize throughput performance, while minimizing latency. This will provide an ideal platform for the SDN features that are scheduled to be available in the next update of Oracle Solaris 11.
- Oracle announced last month that it plans to integrate OpenStack capabilities into Oracle Solaris. When the Pluribus Networks development and testing work is completed, customers will be able to take full advantage of the enterprise class innovations in Oracle Solaris 11 including scalability, high availability, high performance file systems, Oracle Solaris Zones virtualization and network services in a converged OpenStack orchestrated and managed Compute, Network and Storage environment.
- Since the release of Oracle Solaris 11 over 4,000 customers have gone into production and many of them are deploying applications in Oracle Solaris-based clouds. With the integration of OpenStack components in Oracle Solaris, customers will be able to expand their usage of Oracle Solaris in new cloud deployments. OpenStack also provides an ideal platform for OPN members like Pluribus Networks who are interested in providing a seamless management experience between Oracle Solaris and their products.
- "With the release of Oracle Solaris 11, as well as Oracle's SPARC T5, M5 and M6 servers, we are now seeing the Oracle Solaris/SPARC ecosystem expanding rapidly. OpenStack is providing us with the ideal platform to expand our relationships with companies like Pluribus Networks and I'm very excited to see Oracle Solaris 11 now running on Pluribus Networks' Freedom Server-Switches. This means customers can now take full advantage of the unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security features of Oracle Solaris in their network infrastructure," said Markus Flierl, vice president, Oracle Solaris. "Running Oracle Solaris on compute, network and storage infrastructures means we can provide fine-grain end-to-end observability, which is unprecedented in the industry, and also offer customers the ability to enforce end-to-end SLAs. Combined with the deep integration between the Oracle Database and Oracle Solaris we can solve the most complex problems that customers are facing today."
- "We are very excited about expanding our relationship with Oracle," said Kumar Srikantan, Chief Executive Officer, Pluribus Networks. "Oracle Solaris 11 is providing us with unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security features that help us differentiate our products. For instance, we can now take advantage of Oracle Solaris 11 security features like the immutable root file systems and ZFS encryption."
- Oracle Solaris Blog
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that On the Avenue Marketing Group, a sales and marketing firm that utilizes events to market and sell products to consumers, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. On the Avenue Marketing Group (OTA) is a sales and marketing firm that utilizes events to market and sell products to consumers. On behalf of our clients, we attend thousands of fairs, festivals, expos, concerts, conferences, and sporting events annually, helping them reach millions of individuals ...
Apr. 26, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,507
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch of Docker's initial release in March of 2013, interest was revved up several notches. Then late last...
Apr. 26, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,892
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,492
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ciqada will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ciqada™ makes it easy to connect your products to the Internet. By integrating key components - hardware, servers, dashboards, and mobile apps - into an easy-to-use, configurable system, your products can quickly and securely join the internet of things. With remote monitoring, control, and alert messaging capability, you will meet your customers' needs of tomorrow - today! Ciqada. Let your products take flight. For more inform...
Apr. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,934
Health care systems across the globe are under enormous strain, as facilities reach capacity and costs continue to rise. M2M and the Internet of Things have the potential to transform the industry through connected health solutions that can make care more efficient while reducing costs. In fact, Vodafone's annual M2M Barometer Report forecasts M2M applications rising to 57 percent in health care and life sciences by 2016. Lively is one of Vodafone's health care partners, whose solutions enable older adults to live independent lives while staying connected to loved ones. M2M will continue to gr...
Apr. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,535
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Apr. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,515
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applications - creating more engaging experiences for their customers and boosting collaboration and productiv...
Apr. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,752
Dave will share his insights on how Internet of Things for Enterprises are transforming and making more productive and efficient operations and maintenance (O&M) procedures in the cleantech industry and beyond. Speaker Bio: Dave Landa is chief operating officer of Cybozu Corp (kintone US). Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Dave has been on the forefront of the Cloud revolution driving strategic business development on the executive teams of multiple leading Software as a Services (SaaS) application providers dating back to 2004. Cybozu's kintone.com is a leading global BYOA (Build Your O...
Apr. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,579
The best mobile applications are augmented by dedicated servers, the Internet and Cloud services. Mobile developers should focus on one thing: writing the next socially disruptive viral app. Thanks to the cloud, they can focus on the overall solution, not the underlying plumbing. From iOS to Android and Windows, developers can leverage cloud services to create a common cross-platform backend to persist user settings, app data, broadcast notifications, run jobs, etc. This session provides a high level technical overview of many cloud services available to mobile app developers, includi...
Apr. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
SYS-CON Events announced today that BroadSoft, the leading global provider of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) services to operators worldwide, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BroadSoft is the leading provider of software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol networks. The Company’s core communications platform enables the delivery of a range of enterprise and consumer calling...
Apr. 26, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,562
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of Cloud and Mobile Strategy at GENBAND, will explore what is needed to take a real time communications ...
Apr. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,801
What exactly is a cognitive application? In her session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ashley Hathaway, Product Manager at IBM Watson, will look at the services being offered by the IBM Watson Developer Cloud and what that means for developers and Big Data. She'll explore how IBM Watson and its partnerships will continue to grow and help define what it means to be a cognitive service, as well as take a look at the offerings on Bluemix. She will also check out how Watson and the Alchemy API team up to offer disruptive APIs to developers.
Apr. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
The IoT Bootcamp is coming to Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo on June 9-10 at the Javits Center in New York. Instructor. Registration is now available at http://iotbootcamp.sys-con.com/ Instructor Janakiram MSV previously taught the famously successful Multi-Cloud Bootcamp at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo in November in Santa Clara. Now he is expanding the focus to Janakiram is the founder and CTO of Get Cloud Ready Consulting, a niche Cloud Migration and Cloud Operations firm that recently got acquired by Aditi Technologies. He is a Microsoft Regional Director for Hyderabad, India, and one of the f...
Apr. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,678
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Apr. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,329
WebRTC is an up-and-coming standard that enables real-time voice and video to be directly embedded into browsers making the browser a primary user interface for communications and collaboration. WebRTC runs in a number of browsers today and is currently supported in over a billion installed browsers globally, across a range of platform OS and devices. Today, organizations that choose to deploy WebRTC applications and use a host machine that supports audio through USB or Bluetooth can use Plantronics products to connect and transit or receive the audio associated with the WebRTC session.
Apr. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,913
As enterprises move to all-IP networks and cloud-based applications, communications service providers (CSPs) – facing increased competition from over-the-top providers delivering content via the Internet and independently of CSPs – must be able to offer seamless cloud-based communication and collaboration solutions that can scale for small, midsize, and large enterprises, as well as public sector organizations, in order to keep and grow market share. The latest version of Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite gives CSPs the capability to do just that. In addition, its integration ...
Apr. 26, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,429
SYS-CON Media announced today that @ThingsExpo Blog launched with 7,788 original stories. @ThingsExpo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @ThingsExpo Blog can be bookmarked. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Apr. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,573
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
Apr. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,117
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Apr. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,105
Wearable technology was dominant at this year’s International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) , and MWC was no exception to this trend. New versions of favorites, such as the Samsung Gear (three new products were released: the Gear 2, the Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit), shared the limelight with new wearables like Pebble Time Steel (the new premium version of the company’s previously released smartwatch) and the LG Watch Urbane. The most dramatic difference at MWC was an emphasis on presenting wearables as fashion accessories and moving away from the original clunky technology associated with t...
Apr. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,117