|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2014 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/06/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
The cooperation between Oracle and Pluribus Networks is designed to help create unique customer value by offering customers the ability to use OpenStack plug-ins to manage their cloud environments based on Oracle Solaris and Pluribus Networks' Netvisor. This builds on the newly completed certification of Oracle Solaris 11 on Pluribus Networks' Freedom series Server-Switch platform, which is already allowing customers to take advantage of the unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security advantages of Oracle Solaris in their network infrastructure.
- Oracle has entered into a technology access agreement with Pluribus Networks, a pioneer in open, bare-metal SDN/NFV application infrastructure, enabling Pluribus Networks to conduct development and testing on a number of different software-defined networking (SDN) technologies that will be managed by OpenStack technologies, such as a distributed virtual switch. Pluribus Networks is a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
- Oracle and Pluribus Networks will be collaborating to enable customers to manage Oracle Solaris 11 compute nodes via the OpenStack Nova plug-in, as well as Pluribus Networks switches via the OpenStack Neutron plug-in and Oracle Solaris-based ZS3 Series storage via Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Cinder Driver, taking full advantage of the stability, efficiency, performance, scalability and security of Oracle Solaris.
- Pluribus Networks has recently certified Oracle Solaris 11 on their Freedom series Server-Switch platform running the Netvisor bare-metal network hypervisor hosted on the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system.
- Running Oracle Solaris 11 on Pluribus Networks' switches means that virtual networking services can be dynamically re-provisioned from compute nodes to networking to help maximize throughput performance, while minimizing latency. This will provide an ideal platform for the SDN features that are scheduled to be available in the next update of Oracle Solaris 11.
- Oracle announced last month that it plans to integrate OpenStack capabilities into Oracle Solaris. When the Pluribus Networks development and testing work is completed, customers will be able to take full advantage of the enterprise class innovations in Oracle Solaris 11 including scalability, high availability, high performance file systems, Oracle Solaris Zones virtualization and network services in a converged OpenStack orchestrated and managed Compute, Network and Storage environment.
- Since the release of Oracle Solaris 11 over 4,000 customers have gone into production and many of them are deploying applications in Oracle Solaris-based clouds. With the integration of OpenStack components in Oracle Solaris, customers will be able to expand their usage of Oracle Solaris in new cloud deployments. OpenStack also provides an ideal platform for OPN members like Pluribus Networks who are interested in providing a seamless management experience between Oracle Solaris and their products.
- "With the release of Oracle Solaris 11, as well as Oracle's SPARC T5, M5 and M6 servers, we are now seeing the Oracle Solaris/SPARC ecosystem expanding rapidly. OpenStack is providing us with the ideal platform to expand our relationships with companies like Pluribus Networks and I'm very excited to see Oracle Solaris 11 now running on Pluribus Networks' Freedom Server-Switches. This means customers can now take full advantage of the unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security features of Oracle Solaris in their network infrastructure," said Markus Flierl, vice president, Oracle Solaris. "Running Oracle Solaris on compute, network and storage infrastructures means we can provide fine-grain end-to-end observability, which is unprecedented in the industry, and also offer customers the ability to enforce end-to-end SLAs. Combined with the deep integration between the Oracle Database and Oracle Solaris we can solve the most complex problems that customers are facing today."
- "We are very excited about expanding our relationship with Oracle," said Kumar Srikantan, Chief Executive Officer, Pluribus Networks. "Oracle Solaris 11 is providing us with unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security features that help us differentiate our products. For instance, we can now take advantage of Oracle Solaris 11 security features like the immutable root file systems and ZFS encryption."
- Oracle Solaris Blog
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,062
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,516
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 6, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,338
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 6, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,413
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 6, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,435
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,262
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,490
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 5, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,363
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 798
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 770
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,088
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,496
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 5, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 784
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 628
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,343
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,374
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,588
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,301
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 5, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,415
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,667