|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2014 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/06/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
The cooperation between Oracle and Pluribus Networks is designed to help create unique customer value by offering customers the ability to use OpenStack plug-ins to manage their cloud environments based on Oracle Solaris and Pluribus Networks' Netvisor. This builds on the newly completed certification of Oracle Solaris 11 on Pluribus Networks' Freedom series Server-Switch platform, which is already allowing customers to take advantage of the unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security advantages of Oracle Solaris in their network infrastructure.
- Oracle has entered into a technology access agreement with Pluribus Networks, a pioneer in open, bare-metal SDN/NFV application infrastructure, enabling Pluribus Networks to conduct development and testing on a number of different software-defined networking (SDN) technologies that will be managed by OpenStack technologies, such as a distributed virtual switch. Pluribus Networks is a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
- Oracle and Pluribus Networks will be collaborating to enable customers to manage Oracle Solaris 11 compute nodes via the OpenStack Nova plug-in, as well as Pluribus Networks switches via the OpenStack Neutron plug-in and Oracle Solaris-based ZS3 Series storage via Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Cinder Driver, taking full advantage of the stability, efficiency, performance, scalability and security of Oracle Solaris.
- Pluribus Networks has recently certified Oracle Solaris 11 on their Freedom series Server-Switch platform running the Netvisor bare-metal network hypervisor hosted on the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system.
- Running Oracle Solaris 11 on Pluribus Networks' switches means that virtual networking services can be dynamically re-provisioned from compute nodes to networking to help maximize throughput performance, while minimizing latency. This will provide an ideal platform for the SDN features that are scheduled to be available in the next update of Oracle Solaris 11.
- Oracle announced last month that it plans to integrate OpenStack capabilities into Oracle Solaris. When the Pluribus Networks development and testing work is completed, customers will be able to take full advantage of the enterprise class innovations in Oracle Solaris 11 including scalability, high availability, high performance file systems, Oracle Solaris Zones virtualization and network services in a converged OpenStack orchestrated and managed Compute, Network and Storage environment.
- Since the release of Oracle Solaris 11 over 4,000 customers have gone into production and many of them are deploying applications in Oracle Solaris-based clouds. With the integration of OpenStack components in Oracle Solaris, customers will be able to expand their usage of Oracle Solaris in new cloud deployments. OpenStack also provides an ideal platform for OPN members like Pluribus Networks who are interested in providing a seamless management experience between Oracle Solaris and their products.
- "With the release of Oracle Solaris 11, as well as Oracle's SPARC T5, M5 and M6 servers, we are now seeing the Oracle Solaris/SPARC ecosystem expanding rapidly. OpenStack is providing us with the ideal platform to expand our relationships with companies like Pluribus Networks and I'm very excited to see Oracle Solaris 11 now running on Pluribus Networks' Freedom Server-Switches. This means customers can now take full advantage of the unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security features of Oracle Solaris in their network infrastructure," said Markus Flierl, vice president, Oracle Solaris. "Running Oracle Solaris on compute, network and storage infrastructures means we can provide fine-grain end-to-end observability, which is unprecedented in the industry, and also offer customers the ability to enforce end-to-end SLAs. Combined with the deep integration between the Oracle Database and Oracle Solaris we can solve the most complex problems that customers are facing today."
- "We are very excited about expanding our relationship with Oracle," said Kumar Srikantan, Chief Executive Officer, Pluribus Networks. "Oracle Solaris 11 is providing us with unique performance, scalability, efficiency and security features that help us differentiate our products. For instance, we can now take advantage of Oracle Solaris 11 security features like the immutable root file systems and ZFS encryption."
- Oracle Solaris Blog
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 863
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 4, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 531
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 4, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 785
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 4, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 597
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 697
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,230
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 6,976
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 4, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,761
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,558
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Dec. 4, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,236
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,580
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 890
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EST Reads: 972
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EST Reads: 4,172
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,626
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 3, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,526
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,062
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,146
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,013
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 3,234