|By Business Wire||
|May 29, 2014 02:32 PM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the guest speakers for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Featured keynote presenters from Cisco, Redmonk and SUSE will be joined by several guest speakers representing enterprise customers and third-party solution providers. Together, they will look at the market forces, technology developments, and best practices moving organizations to become connected businesses.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 16-18, 2014 at Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the keynotes and guest presentations, the three-day event also features several other technical sessions and tutorials aimed at solving IT professionals’ enterprise integration and management issues. For more information, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Keynotes Will Capture Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
A confluence of technology developments, including the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source, is enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. The connected businesses that capitalize on these technologies are gaining a competitive edge through new models of agility, business collaboration, monetization and efficiency. WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Details of the full agenda are available at http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
At WSO2Con Europe 2014, keynote presenters will explore the emerging technologies that are enabling the connected business, presenting key concepts around the application of technology to build a lean and agile connected business environment. They include:
- Luca Martini, Cisco Distinguished Engineer leads the Cisco virtualization strategy in two major areas: mobility and home broadband access. He has been involved in the Internet engineering task force (IETF) for the past 15 years, contributing to many IETF standards. Luca will discuss the role of intelligent orchestration and how it is more than simply a Web services engine.
- James Governor, Redmonk Founder and Principal Analyst, leads coverage in the enterprise applications space, assisting with application development, integration middleware and systems management issues. He also has served as an industry expert for television and radio segments with media, such as the BBC. James will examine how open source middleware contributes to the connected business.
- Alan Clark, SUSE Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, also serves as the chairman of the board at OpenStack. Alan has developed a reputation in fostering the creation, growth, awareness and adoption of open source and open standards across the technology sector. He will explore the evolution of open source cloud platforms in enabling the connected business.
Guest Speakers Highlight Key Priorities of the Connected Enterprise
Joining the keynote presenters at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will be guest speakers who represent some of the world’s leading technology innovators across a broad cross section of markets. These experts: customers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, will present case studies and key concepts around the practical application of technologies to accelerate development and support a connected business model. Featured guest presenters and topics are:
- Case Study: How one of the largest grid management companies uses the complete WSO2 stack to provide a single platform for development of services, Daniël Palstra, Yenlo
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Case Study: How WSO2 supports Deutsche Telekom implementing an eCare platform including an intelligent emergency call system, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Transforming the Business: Building a Next-Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
Complementing the guest presentations will be a series of sessions and in-depth tutorials delivered by leading technical experts at WSO2, who have contributed to many of today’s service-oriented architecture (SOA), XML and open source standards. Additionally, WSO2 architects and developers will deliver sessions and tutorials on enabling technologies and best practices for implementing SOAs, mobile solutions, cloud deployments, API management, security, mediation, business processes, and more.
Sponsors to Highlight Complementary Solutions and Services
In addition to the conference sessions, attendees at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will have an opportunity to learn about complementary technologies, solutions and services from the events’ sponsors.
- GFI, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is one of the leading IT service firms in France and Southern Europe, providing its customers with expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing and software solutions.
- SUSE, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is a pioneer in open source software, providing reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility, based on more than 20 years of engineering excellence.
- Yenlo, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is Dutch-based software development and consulting company with in-depth architectural knowledge in the areas of service-oriented computing, business process management and cloud computing.
- Chakray, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has more than 15 years of experience in technology consulting, creating complex system architectures for critical systems using open source technologies.
- TCP, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has offices in Spain and Brazil, and is a leader in delivering agile business process management, SOA, complex event processing (CEP), Business activity monitoring (BAM), open source, quality assurance (QA), and mobile solutions.
- Wipro Technologies, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is the global IT business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT). A leading information technology, consulting and outsourcing company recognized globally, it has over 130,000 employees and clients across 54 countries.
- Codenvy, a Bronze Sponsor, delivers a continuous development cloud, directly integrated and supported within WSO2 App Cloud and WSO2 App Factory, that improves velocity and control by making developer environments instant, extensible and controllable.
- Emoxa, a Bronze Sponsor headquartered in France, provides assistance in the transformation of its European clients’ IT systems to support an environment where businesses are evolving continuously.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 341
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,711
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 437
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 333
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,626
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 28, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,150
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Sep. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,116
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 28, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 294
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,774
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 251
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 255
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,725
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,816
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 392
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,314
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,877
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,746
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,933
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,339
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,427