|By Business Wire||
|May 29, 2014 02:32 PM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the guest speakers for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Featured keynote presenters from Cisco, Redmonk and SUSE will be joined by several guest speakers representing enterprise customers and third-party solution providers. Together, they will look at the market forces, technology developments, and best practices moving organizations to become connected businesses.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 16-18, 2014 at Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the keynotes and guest presentations, the three-day event also features several other technical sessions and tutorials aimed at solving IT professionals’ enterprise integration and management issues. For more information, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Keynotes Will Capture Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
A confluence of technology developments, including the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source, is enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. The connected businesses that capitalize on these technologies are gaining a competitive edge through new models of agility, business collaboration, monetization and efficiency. WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Details of the full agenda are available at http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
At WSO2Con Europe 2014, keynote presenters will explore the emerging technologies that are enabling the connected business, presenting key concepts around the application of technology to build a lean and agile connected business environment. They include:
- Luca Martini, Cisco Distinguished Engineer leads the Cisco virtualization strategy in two major areas: mobility and home broadband access. He has been involved in the Internet engineering task force (IETF) for the past 15 years, contributing to many IETF standards. Luca will discuss the role of intelligent orchestration and how it is more than simply a Web services engine.
- James Governor, Redmonk Founder and Principal Analyst, leads coverage in the enterprise applications space, assisting with application development, integration middleware and systems management issues. He also has served as an industry expert for television and radio segments with media, such as the BBC. James will examine how open source middleware contributes to the connected business.
- Alan Clark, SUSE Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, also serves as the chairman of the board at OpenStack. Alan has developed a reputation in fostering the creation, growth, awareness and adoption of open source and open standards across the technology sector. He will explore the evolution of open source cloud platforms in enabling the connected business.
Guest Speakers Highlight Key Priorities of the Connected Enterprise
Joining the keynote presenters at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will be guest speakers who represent some of the world’s leading technology innovators across a broad cross section of markets. These experts: customers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, will present case studies and key concepts around the practical application of technologies to accelerate development and support a connected business model. Featured guest presenters and topics are:
- Case Study: How one of the largest grid management companies uses the complete WSO2 stack to provide a single platform for development of services, Daniël Palstra, Yenlo
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Case Study: How WSO2 supports Deutsche Telekom implementing an eCare platform including an intelligent emergency call system, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Transforming the Business: Building a Next-Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
Complementing the guest presentations will be a series of sessions and in-depth tutorials delivered by leading technical experts at WSO2, who have contributed to many of today’s service-oriented architecture (SOA), XML and open source standards. Additionally, WSO2 architects and developers will deliver sessions and tutorials on enabling technologies and best practices for implementing SOAs, mobile solutions, cloud deployments, API management, security, mediation, business processes, and more.
Sponsors to Highlight Complementary Solutions and Services
In addition to the conference sessions, attendees at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will have an opportunity to learn about complementary technologies, solutions and services from the events’ sponsors.
- GFI, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is one of the leading IT service firms in France and Southern Europe, providing its customers with expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing and software solutions.
- SUSE, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is a pioneer in open source software, providing reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility, based on more than 20 years of engineering excellence.
- Yenlo, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is Dutch-based software development and consulting company with in-depth architectural knowledge in the areas of service-oriented computing, business process management and cloud computing.
- Chakray, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has more than 15 years of experience in technology consulting, creating complex system architectures for critical systems using open source technologies.
- TCP, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has offices in Spain and Brazil, and is a leader in delivering agile business process management, SOA, complex event processing (CEP), Business activity monitoring (BAM), open source, quality assurance (QA), and mobile solutions.
- Wipro Technologies, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is the global IT business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT). A leading information technology, consulting and outsourcing company recognized globally, it has over 130,000 employees and clients across 54 countries.
- Codenvy, a Bronze Sponsor, delivers a continuous development cloud, directly integrated and supported within WSO2 App Cloud and WSO2 App Factory, that improves velocity and control by making developer environments instant, extensible and controllable.
- Emoxa, a Bronze Sponsor headquartered in France, provides assistance in the transformation of its European clients’ IT systems to support an environment where businesses are evolving continuously.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,112
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,664
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 746
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 368
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,193
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 887
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 871
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 4, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 541
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 4, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 604
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 4, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 795
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 707
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,233
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 6,979
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 4, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,769
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,568
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Dec. 4, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,238
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,585
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 894
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EST Reads: 4,176
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EST Reads: 977