|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 09:30 PM EDT||
VMTurbo, creator of the only software-driven control platform for the software-defined enterprise, announced record quarterly earnings in Q2 of 2014. The second quarter was VMTurbo's 16th consecutive record quarter, achieving 177% year-over-year growth. Additionally, VMTurbo extended its fabric and storage module control system extensions to include support for Cisco UCS and EMC VNX, thereby supporting Flexpod and Vblock market options to drive application assurance and data center efficiencies, helping advanced customers fundamentally transform and future-proof their virtualized data centers.
Along with strong revenue growth and product innovation, VMTurbo now serves more than 1,000 advanced customers such as Salesforce.com, RBC, Tribune Media, Scripps Health, QVC and Rabobank and has launched an online social community called, “the Green Circle”, where the World’s most sophisticated virtualized data center customers share ideas, best practices and industry knowledge.
“It’s been an exciting year at VMTurbo so far,” said CEO Ben Nye. “Our team is passionate about helping our 1,000+ advanced customers monitor, automate and control their virtualized data centers to keep them in a continuously healthy state. We love showing our customers the incredible value of our control solution. In less than 15 minutes, our customers realize that defining their environments in software is only a first step towards realizing the strategic value of virtualization. Next, they must drive resiliency and efficiency by adding control over their infrastructure wherever applications need to run. We’re proud to be enabling this shift to Software-Driven Data Center Control.”
“VMTurbo has continued the strong growth we saw in 2013 with the biggest quarter we’ve ever seen – Q2, 2014,” said VMTurbo CFO Mo Garad. “Our business is performing across all levels, enabling us to grow faster than any other company in virtualization.”
Key metrics thus far for 2014 include:
- 177% year over year growth - resulting in a compounded annual growth rate of over 300% since inception
- Serving more than 1000 advanced customers - adding more customers in Q2 than any quarter before. Other notable customer additions include Manhattan Associates, Cablevision, Carfax, Infosys, Expedient Communications, Bloomin' Brands, and Sephora
According to TechValidate:
- 89% of VMTurbo customers are realizing a return on their investment (ROI) in 3 months or less with VMTurbo (TechValidate)
- 80% of customers increased resource utilization by at least 20% since deploying VMTurbo
- Almost 70% of customers have automated repetitive management of their virtualized environments with VMTurbo
- More than doubling the size of the VMTurbo Turbo Team and relocating to a new, larger office in downtown Boston
“To strengthen our leadership position we’re announcing support for OpenStack, building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into the OpenStack core,” said VMTurbo President and CTO Shmuel Kliger. “This support of OpenStack furthers the vision for VMTurbo by expanding IT agility through reducing vendor lock-in and enabling heterogeneous control to preserve flexibility for the future.”
Key technology innovations include:
- Further expanding VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control across the IT stack with new hardware support built into Control Modules for Storage and Fabric. This expanded support provides customers the ability to drive more comprehensive management of virtualized workloads in converged infrastructure such as Flexpod and Vblock, as well as in storage control, including support for EMC VNX, enabling up to 30% improvement in utilization
- New support for OpenStack, including contributions back to the community building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into OpenStack, joining our existing support for VMWare, Microsoft, RedHat and Citrix environments
- The new ability to reserve capacity for future workloads, by enabling not only the scheduling of those workloads but for VMTurbo to reserve adequate capacity for those workloads to launch when needed – our customers asked, and we delivered
- Patents covering proprietary uses of economic principles in the management and control of IT environments
Numerous improvements in VMTurbo’s patented, award-winning
Software-Driven Control including:
- Cluster Flattening enabling vMotions across cluster boundaries
- Broader APIs, e.g. action settings, inventory information
- Improved support for Microsoft Hyper-V HA and Maintenance mode (e.g. recognize and manage for) to assure performance of High Availability
Action management by accounting for cost vs. impact of actions,
- Location matters: Move inside cluster is cheap, across clusters expensive, across clouds very expensive
- Size matters: much cheaper to move a small VM vs. e.g., a file sharing VM
- Benefit matters: e.g., if benefit is marginal and cost is high, we may not want to do it
- Storage with better representation of multiple CPU controllers, improved representation of avg cpu
Resource pools as VDCs enabling user to:
- Control Resource pools, e.g. resize CPU and memory allocations
- Visualize resource pool dependencies via nested pools hierarchy
- Aggregate Reporting, e.g. include all the underlying VMs in the hierarchy
- Reporting bringing existing reports into the core UI, more easily share reports and integrate with external tools, e.g. Splunk
“What’s most gratifying is not only the response we’ve received from our advanced customers,” said VMTurbo CMO Geeta Sachdev, “but the response from the larger IT community. The community has begun embracing the idea that cloud and virtual environments have grown beyond human scale in size and complexity, and needs a new approach.”
Industry accolades include:
- Receiving the 2014 Tech Trailblazers first place award in the virtualization category as well as the Tech Trailblazers runner-up award in the cloud category
- Receiving numerous other awards, such as: Named #26 in Forbes Most Promising Companies, CRN’s 2014 Emerging Vendors, and awarded the Bronze medal by Tech Target in their Storage Management category
Gaining the attention of leading minds in the virtualization
blogosphere who added their voices in support of VMTurbo’s unique
approach, such as:
- Chris Wahl (wahlnetwork.com): "...from a UCS perspective, I'm really digging this bad boy." (http://wahlnetwork.com/2014/05/08/rockin-vmturbos-operations-manager-ucs-integration)
- Jeff Wilson (agnosticcomputing.com): "…products like [VMTurbo] are the future of IT. VMTurbo is awesome and unique in an on-prem context as it bridges the gap between cost & operations, but it’s also kind of a window into our future as IT pros. That’s because if your employer is cloud-focused at all, the infrastructure-as-market-economy model is going to be in your future, like it or not. Cloud compute/storage/network, to a large extent, is all about supply, demand, consumption, production and bursting of resources against your OpEx budget. What’s neat about VMTurbo is not just that it’s going to help you get the most out of the CapEx you spent on your gear, but also that it helps you shift your thinking a bit, away from up/down, latency, and login times to a rationalized economic model you’ll need in the years ahead.” (http://agnosticcomputing.com/2014/06/11/30-days-hands-on-with-vmturbos-opsman-vfd3/)
What to expect in the second half of 2014 and beyond
“Expect more great things later this year and next as VMTurbo expands Software-Driven Control further up into the application layer, delivering control that is not only application-aware, but application-driven,” concluded Kliger. “As well as a new way of imagining clusters in a Software-Defined world…”
VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control platform enables organizations to manage cloud and enterprise virtualization environments to assure application performance while maximizing infrastructure efficiency. VMTurbo’s patented market-based approach dynamically adjusts configuration, resource allocation and workload placement to meet service levels and business goals, and is the only technology capable of closing the loop in IT operation by automating the decision-making process to maintain an environment in a healthy state.
The VMTurbo platform first launched in August 2010 and since that time more than 10,000 users worldwide have deployed the platform, including JP Morgan Chase, Aetna, Colgate-Palmolive and Salesforce.com. Using VMTurbo, our customers ensure that applications get the resources they need to operate reliably, while utilizing their most valuable infrastructure and human resources most efficiently.
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 481
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 324
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 293
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,413
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 123
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,067
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,170
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,286
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,194
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,772
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,047
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,038
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 329
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,907
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,580
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 399
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,965
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 481
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,543
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,494