|By Business Wire||
|July 31, 2014 09:30 PM EDT||
VMTurbo, creator of the only software-driven control platform for the software-defined enterprise, announced record quarterly earnings in Q2 of 2014. The second quarter was VMTurbo's 16th consecutive record quarter, achieving 177% year-over-year growth. Additionally, VMTurbo extended its fabric and storage module control system extensions to include support for Cisco UCS and EMC VNX, thereby supporting Flexpod and Vblock market options to drive application assurance and data center efficiencies, helping advanced customers fundamentally transform and future-proof their virtualized data centers.
Along with strong revenue growth and product innovation, VMTurbo now serves more than 1,000 advanced customers such as Salesforce.com, RBC, Tribune Media, Scripps Health, QVC and Rabobank and has launched an online social community called, “the Green Circle”, where the World’s most sophisticated virtualized data center customers share ideas, best practices and industry knowledge.
“It’s been an exciting year at VMTurbo so far,” said CEO Ben Nye. “Our team is passionate about helping our 1,000+ advanced customers monitor, automate and control their virtualized data centers to keep them in a continuously healthy state. We love showing our customers the incredible value of our control solution. In less than 15 minutes, our customers realize that defining their environments in software is only a first step towards realizing the strategic value of virtualization. Next, they must drive resiliency and efficiency by adding control over their infrastructure wherever applications need to run. We’re proud to be enabling this shift to Software-Driven Data Center Control.”
“VMTurbo has continued the strong growth we saw in 2013 with the biggest quarter we’ve ever seen – Q2, 2014,” said VMTurbo CFO Mo Garad. “Our business is performing across all levels, enabling us to grow faster than any other company in virtualization.”
Key metrics thus far for 2014 include:
- 177% year over year growth - resulting in a compounded annual growth rate of over 300% since inception
- Serving more than 1000 advanced customers - adding more customers in Q2 than any quarter before. Other notable customer additions include Manhattan Associates, Cablevision, Carfax, Infosys, Expedient Communications, Bloomin' Brands, and Sephora
According to TechValidate:
- 89% of VMTurbo customers are realizing a return on their investment (ROI) in 3 months or less with VMTurbo (TechValidate)
- 80% of customers increased resource utilization by at least 20% since deploying VMTurbo
- Almost 70% of customers have automated repetitive management of their virtualized environments with VMTurbo
- More than doubling the size of the VMTurbo Turbo Team and relocating to a new, larger office in downtown Boston
“To strengthen our leadership position we’re announcing support for OpenStack, building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into the OpenStack core,” said VMTurbo President and CTO Shmuel Kliger. “This support of OpenStack furthers the vision for VMTurbo by expanding IT agility through reducing vendor lock-in and enabling heterogeneous control to preserve flexibility for the future.”
Key technology innovations include:
- Further expanding VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control across the IT stack with new hardware support built into Control Modules for Storage and Fabric. This expanded support provides customers the ability to drive more comprehensive management of virtualized workloads in converged infrastructure such as Flexpod and Vblock, as well as in storage control, including support for EMC VNX, enabling up to 30% improvement in utilization
- New support for OpenStack, including contributions back to the community building instrumentation for Software-Driven Control into OpenStack, joining our existing support for VMWare, Microsoft, RedHat and Citrix environments
- The new ability to reserve capacity for future workloads, by enabling not only the scheduling of those workloads but for VMTurbo to reserve adequate capacity for those workloads to launch when needed – our customers asked, and we delivered
- Patents covering proprietary uses of economic principles in the management and control of IT environments
Numerous improvements in VMTurbo’s patented, award-winning
Software-Driven Control including:
- Cluster Flattening enabling vMotions across cluster boundaries
- Broader APIs, e.g. action settings, inventory information
- Improved support for Microsoft Hyper-V HA and Maintenance mode (e.g. recognize and manage for) to assure performance of High Availability
Action management by accounting for cost vs. impact of actions,
- Location matters: Move inside cluster is cheap, across clusters expensive, across clouds very expensive
- Size matters: much cheaper to move a small VM vs. e.g., a file sharing VM
- Benefit matters: e.g., if benefit is marginal and cost is high, we may not want to do it
- Storage with better representation of multiple CPU controllers, improved representation of avg cpu
Resource pools as VDCs enabling user to:
- Control Resource pools, e.g. resize CPU and memory allocations
- Visualize resource pool dependencies via nested pools hierarchy
- Aggregate Reporting, e.g. include all the underlying VMs in the hierarchy
- Reporting bringing existing reports into the core UI, more easily share reports and integrate with external tools, e.g. Splunk
“What’s most gratifying is not only the response we’ve received from our advanced customers,” said VMTurbo CMO Geeta Sachdev, “but the response from the larger IT community. The community has begun embracing the idea that cloud and virtual environments have grown beyond human scale in size and complexity, and needs a new approach.”
Industry accolades include:
- Receiving the 2014 Tech Trailblazers first place award in the virtualization category as well as the Tech Trailblazers runner-up award in the cloud category
- Receiving numerous other awards, such as: Named #26 in Forbes Most Promising Companies, CRN’s 2014 Emerging Vendors, and awarded the Bronze medal by Tech Target in their Storage Management category
Gaining the attention of leading minds in the virtualization
blogosphere who added their voices in support of VMTurbo’s unique
approach, such as:
- Chris Wahl (wahlnetwork.com): "...from a UCS perspective, I'm really digging this bad boy." (http://wahlnetwork.com/2014/05/08/rockin-vmturbos-operations-manager-ucs-integration)
- Jeff Wilson (agnosticcomputing.com): "…products like [VMTurbo] are the future of IT. VMTurbo is awesome and unique in an on-prem context as it bridges the gap between cost & operations, but it’s also kind of a window into our future as IT pros. That’s because if your employer is cloud-focused at all, the infrastructure-as-market-economy model is going to be in your future, like it or not. Cloud compute/storage/network, to a large extent, is all about supply, demand, consumption, production and bursting of resources against your OpEx budget. What’s neat about VMTurbo is not just that it’s going to help you get the most out of the CapEx you spent on your gear, but also that it helps you shift your thinking a bit, away from up/down, latency, and login times to a rationalized economic model you’ll need in the years ahead.” (http://agnosticcomputing.com/2014/06/11/30-days-hands-on-with-vmturbos-opsman-vfd3/)
What to expect in the second half of 2014 and beyond
“Expect more great things later this year and next as VMTurbo expands Software-Driven Control further up into the application layer, delivering control that is not only application-aware, but application-driven,” concluded Kliger. “As well as a new way of imagining clusters in a Software-Defined world…”
VMTurbo’s Software-Driven Control platform enables organizations to manage cloud and enterprise virtualization environments to assure application performance while maximizing infrastructure efficiency. VMTurbo’s patented market-based approach dynamically adjusts configuration, resource allocation and workload placement to meet service levels and business goals, and is the only technology capable of closing the loop in IT operation by automating the decision-making process to maintain an environment in a healthy state.
The VMTurbo platform first launched in August 2010 and since that time more than 10,000 users worldwide have deployed the platform, including JP Morgan Chase, Aetna, Colgate-Palmolive and Salesforce.com. Using VMTurbo, our customers ensure that applications get the resources they need to operate reliably, while utilizing their most valuable infrastructure and human resources most efficiently.
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,063
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 986
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:10 PM EDT Reads: 194
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,013
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,714
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 305
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 906
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 490
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,992
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,186
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,016
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,549
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 623
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,321
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,434
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,123
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,540
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,858
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,382
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,338